Wednesday 6 May 2015

Hike

I'm still in Newfoundland and we finally had some decent weather. Unlike the rest of Canada, it has been cold and wet here until this week. I took advantage of the good weather to go for a hike. The ground is still quite wet so I decided to hike out at Cape Spear. It's always windy there and I figured that would be my best bet for a dry trail. Other than a few spots that dipped into the bog, the trail was great. Typical Newfoundland weather though, my hike started in sunshine and ended in fog.


I wasn't the only fool out yesterday.

Here's a dorky shot of me in my touque.

I'm not really up on my zoology so I don't know if this is the skull of a bird or a fish.

The fog rolled in about halfway through my hike.

Since all the colour was being washed out anyway, I decided to switch to black and white.

I have another two weeks before I head back to Paris. I hope to get out for another hike before then. Lori leaves for Papua New Guinea this weekend. She will be there for 8 days. It's her first time there and I'm excited to hear all about it. You can only learn so much by reading, you have to be there to truly understand it.

db

No comments:

Post a Comment