Friday 19 June 2015

London and Dublin

We have returned from our last European trip before we leave Paris. Lori's Mom and her Aunt Diane are visiting for 2 weeks so it's a perfect opportunity to explore a bit of Europe while they are here. London was fantastic as always. Lori and I have been there so many times that Leicester Square and Covent Garden are starting to feel like home. We still managed a couple of new experiences by going on The London Eye and walking through Borough Market.

Dublin was a pretty much a new experience for everyone however. Lori and her mom were there for a few hours about 10 years ago, but they really got to explore and enjoy it this time. It's amazing how comfortable I felt there. The city is a manageable size, the people are so friendly and there are so many great pubs and restaurants. Of course I had to visit the Guinness Storehouse while I was there. You can't tour the actual brewery anymore but they have a great facility set up to tell the Guinness story.

I learned how to pour the perfect pint. Notice the steely determination on my face. And yes I got to enjoy my perfect pint as well.

On the 7th floor of the Storehouse is the Gravity Bar with a 360˚ view of Dublin.

Everyone who enters gets their choice of a pint of Guinness or a soft drink. Lorraine was brave enough to try a pint, but Lori and and Diane wanted nothing to do with the beer, so I drank theirs as well. :)

As for our departure to Port Moresby, things are progressing along nicely. We have our medical clearance and now we are just waiting for the Visas. We still don't have an exact date for when we are leaving, but it should be within the next 2 weeks, so our time here is getting short.

db

No comments:

Post a Comment