Sunday 30 June 2013

Canada Day

It took me awhile to clue into the fact that today is a holiday in Canada. Everyone will be heading to beaches and parks today and watching fireworks tonight. In France, it's just a Monday. It has me thinking about what I miss about Canada. The first thing that comes to mind are barbecues. During the summer I want to cook and eat outside. Next is Clamato Juice. It would be nice to have a Caesar while eating outside. I also miss Ketchup Chips. They have Roasted Chicken here and they are pretty good, but Ketchup is better.

It goes both ways though, there are things about Canada that I don't miss. Gargantuan SUV's and pick-up trucks, chain restaurants and bland cheese to name a few. Canada will always be my home, but I'm not ready to come back yet. I'm having too much fun over here. Have a great Canada Day and have a couple of Caesars for me.
db

No comments:

Post a Comment