Thursday 19 December 2013

Arc de Triomphe

I was out touring the city with Linda and Colin the other day and we went to the top of the Arc de Triomphe. I had never been to the top before because I hate waiting in lines, but it wasn't bad at all. It's much quicker than waiting at the Eiffel Tower, but that's probably because you have to walk up 284 stairs.


It was worth it though. The view of the city is incredible. This is the view to the east, down the Champs-Élysées.


This is the opposite direction. The cluster of office towers is La Défense where Lori works.


You get a pretty good view of the Eiffel Tower too.


I just love looking at the street layout. No wonder it's so easy to get lost, there are no right angles in this city.


We could see some really nice roof-top gardens as well.



It was a great day and I highly recommend making the trek up if you are in Paris.

db

No comments:

Post a Comment