Sunday 5 October 2014

Party Time

Wow, I have not posted an entry since August. It was not intentional, I just didn't have anything to write about. It's funny how routine our life feels now. I'm not complaining, I like the stability, it's just very different from when we first got here and we had to see and experience everything before we left.

We have been focusing on getting our apartment set up the way we like with furniture and decorative items that Lori has added to the uncomfortable and ugly furniture provided. I have also been getting to know our neighbourhood merchants like the butcher, bakery and cheese shop. I even took a cooking lesson this past week. It was me and 7 women learning how to cook a leg of lamb.

It was fun, but I don't think I'll go again. We also threw ourselves a house warming party on Thursday night. Lori invited several of her work colleagues over to our place. I think we had 17 or 18 people in our apartment at one point. Thursday may seem like an unusual choice for a party but Lori discovered that weeknights are for friends and weekends are for family. It was a great success.

Lori also discovered a store that sells American and Canadian groceries and they deliver. In addition to Maple cookies and pancake mix, we bought several bottles of Clamato juice so I was able to introduce everyone to Caesars. They went over well.

db

No comments:

Post a Comment