Sunday 16 November 2014

Dutch Beer

For those of you who know me, you know that two of my favourite things are watching hockey and drinking beer. These things are not easily done while living in France, but luckily they coincided this past Saturday night. I have purchased the NHL TV package and I can watch the games through Apple TV, but because of the time difference, it's hard to watch the games live. A 7:00pm start in Boston means that I have to watch the game at 1:00am. I can always watch the game the next morning but it's not the same. On weekends and holidays there are afternoon games that I can watch live and luckily the Bruins played an afternoon game this weekend.

I can often be heard complaining about the poor selection of quality beers offered at my local grocery store. A Dutch co-worker of Lori's heard these complaints and came to my rescue. On a trip back to the Netherlands, she bought a dozen beers for me. They were excellent. I have over looked Dutch beers in the past, but I won't do that anymore.
Good beer and a Bruin win made for a great night.

db

No comments:

Post a Comment