Tuesday 21 June 2016

Mt. Whitfield Hike

Since it's our last week here, we decided to rent a car again. There is a conservation area just outside of the city and it's a great place to hike, but you need to drive there. Lori and I went the last time we rented a car and I went again today, but I hiked a different trail this time. It was definitely more rugged than the first trail we hiked, but it was totally safe. Nice wide paths with guardrails everywhere.

To be honest, I probably shouldn't have gone alone. If I had rolled an ankle, I would've been in big trouble, but it was just so beautiful.

And I finally got to see a wallaby. I heard a noise behind me and I thought it was just going to be another brush-turkey, but it was this guy having lunch.

It was as if the Australian Tourism board heard me complain that I hadn't seen any indigenous wildlife and they went out and placed him there for me. Still haven't seen a crocodile yet, but I'm okay with that.

db

P.S. Sorry about the photos, I only had my phone with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment