Monday 20 June 2016

Our Last Week in Cairns

Just like that, 5 months have passed and our stay in Cairns is coming to an end. Lori flies in on Wednesday for an extended weekend and then we both fly back to Port Moresby on Monday. I've really enjoyed my time here; diving, golfing, hiking, eating in great restaurants, getting decent fruits and vegetables, but I'm looking forward to spending more time together with Lori. Although, we'll only be together for a month and then I'll be on my way back to Canada at the end of July and I won't see Lori until mid-September.

I'm not sure if we'll rent a place in Cairns again. It's great because it's so close to PNG, but I've been planning a 3 month trip to New Zealand in the new year. I'd like to be mobile and explore all of New Zealand so at first we thought we would rent a camper van, but now, I think maybe we'll just rent a car and rent apartments or cottages. We haven't decided yet. It's a longer flight, so Lori wouldn't be coming up for weekends, instead she would come up for a week or 10 days every month. I would say that I'd love have you come for a visit, but since no one came to see us here, I doubt that anyone will come to New Zealand.

db

No comments:

Post a Comment