Saturday 6 April 2013

New Neighbourhood

Dennis is back in Ontario this week.  While he's away, I've been doing some exploring on my own. 

We're going to be moving to a new neighborhood in a few weeks, so this morning I headed off to check out the new area.   It's much more residential than where we are now, and I think I may have been the only tourist in sight! I think we're going to like it there a lot - there are gardens and walking trails all around us - and the apartment has a terrace which is almost as large as the flat.   

I wanted to do a test run of my walk to work to see how long it would take, but being easily distracted and directionally challenged, I took a meandering route to the office, and found my way to one of the things I like best about this city - the Seine. 

Dennis has posted pictures of some houseboats on the Seine and the canals before, but I think I was in high end marine real estate today in Neuilly-sur-Seine.   These houseboats had their own city mailboxes and, unlike most of the ones we see, were very private.  Lots of trees and shrubbery on the banks above them.     

 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lori, I really enjoy the stories, what a wonderful way to keep everyone up to date, saw the girls last weekend and will miss my visit with Lorraine this year

    ReplyDelete