Monday 29 April 2013

Weekend

We had a quiet and relaxing weekend. Things have been hectic the past few weeks with the move and a trip to Geneva as soon as I got back from Canada, so we needed a weekend to recharge our batteries. It involved a lot of Netflix. We gave into the hype and started watching 'The Walking Dead'. I didn't think I would like it, but I'm hooked now.

I started school this morning. I'm going to a language school for a month to improve my French. I've been learning on my own but you can only go so far with a textbook and a computer. I need to be with other people speaking only French. I think it will be a good experience and I'm looking forward to it.

We have another trip planned for the upcoming weekend. Most of you know that the NHL playoffs start this week. Those who didn't make the playoffs will have a chance to keep playing. The IIHF Ice Hockey World Championships start on Friday in Stockholm and Helsinki. Canada is playing in the Stockholm group and we are going to see them play Denmark on Saturday and Switzerland on Sunday. Neither of us have been to Sweden before so it will be a completely new experience for us. Should be fun.

db

No comments:

Post a Comment