Wednesday 21 August 2013

French Class

My month of French classes is coming to an end tomorrow. I think I've improved quite a bit but it was still frustrating at times. I wish I could just wake up one morning and be fluent in French but alas, it does not work that way. It's a process and I have to keeping working at it. On the other hand, I've really enjoyed getting to know my instructor and classmates. I love meeting people from around the world and learning new things about their countries and cultures. There were people from Spain, Italy, Poland, Russia, Japan, Mexico, Cape Verde and Syria. I hope to stay in contact with everyone. Yesterday we went for a picnic after class in the Jardin du Luxembourg.


Lori and I tried to go the whole month without a trip but we couldn't do it, so we're going away this weekend. We aren't going far but it looks pretty impressive. It's called Abbaye des Vaux de Cernay. It's an Abbey that has been converted into a hotel. Here's a link so you can see it:

http://www.abbayedecernay.com/

I'll have photos on Monday. Talk to you then.

db

4 comments:

  1. What a Beautiful Place....Have a wonderful time...look forward to the pictures. D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice blog!! But you forgot Venezuela

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oops! Sorry Roxana, how could I forget you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. jajajaj normal forget it, Venezuela... jajaja

    ReplyDelete