Sunday 11 August 2013

Routine

Good morning everyone. Sorry I haven't posted in awhile, but I haven't had much to write about. It's funny how normal our life in Paris feels now. At first, everything from buying groceries to doing laundry was a new experience. Now, it's just life. We go to work or school, we run errands, go out for dinner and we clean the apartment. Of course, our life may feel normal but every once in awhile I'll be running these errands and I'll look up and see the Eiffel Tower and realize that I'm buying groceries in Paris. It's a pretty cool feeling when that happens.

We are both busy these days, Lori more so than me but that's par for the course. I'm taking my French class for four hours a day in the mornings and Lori is taking hers for three hours a day in the evenings. The classes are going well. Mine is a little more advanced than Lori's because she hasn't had as much time to study as I have. I'm still struggling with my Oral Comprehension but it's getting better. If I could just get the entire world to speak slower, I'll be fine.

We had a quiet weekend because we were both tired and needed to recharge. We read, studied our French lessons and watched some TV. Netflix and iTunes have been our saving grace. We binge watched "Orange is the New Black" yesterday. I didn't know binge watching was a thing until a character in the show said they would binge watch "Mad Men" when she got out of prison. Tonight we can watch the new "Breaking Bad". We have to wait an extra day for it to show up on iTunes. I like paying for only what I watch. It's a lot cheaper this way. Anyway, we hope everyone is doing well and I'll try to post more often.

db

No comments:

Post a Comment