Monday 4 November 2013

Quiet Weekend

Not much to write about these days. Lori and I have been staying close to home lately. The weather is still great in Paris. We actually sat outside yesterday, which was nice considering our friends in Calgary were hit with yet another winter storm. Calgary weather is just so bizarre during the shoulder seasons. Winter is predictable, cold and dry. Summer is predictable, warm and dry. Spring and fall are crazy though. I remember a few years ago, I was barbecuing in shorts and sandals on a Thursday evening and then shovelling 8 inches of snow on Friday morning. It's never boring at least.

Although we didn't go anywhere this weekend, it was still enjoyable. We actually had a long weekend as Friday was a holiday. I'm not sure why, I just know it was a Catholic holiday. There are so many that I've stopped learning the names. We spent our time reading, listening to music and watching Netflix. We discovered Sons of Anarchy this weekend and did some binge watching. That's the only way to watch TV. I hate waiting seven days to watch the next episode. Of course you have to tread lightly around the Internet or else you'll mistakenly stumble upon a spoiler, like I did with SAMCRO. Stupid internet.

db

No comments:

Post a Comment