Wednesday 13 November 2013

What Do I Do?

The most popular question I get is "What do you do all day?" It's a reasonable question. By no means am I run off my feet, but you would be surprised at how quickly my day fills up. Imagine all those things you do after work and on weekends; shopping, cleaning, running errands. I get all those things done while Lori is at work so we can enjoy our time together. Our refrigerator is tiny and doesn't have a freezer so I am at the grocery store or market almost everyday. Our combo washer/dryer neither washes nor dries very well, so once a week I load up our largest suitcase with dirty clothes and spend a couple of hours at the laundromat.

I'm also the person who has to fly back to Canada to take care of things there. In April, I was back in Ontario to get the cottage ready to sell. In September, I had dozens of things to take care of in Alberta and tomorrow I'm flying to Newfoundland for three weeks to take care of some things. We had some airline credits that had to be used up and Lori has a couple of trips to the Middle East, so this is the perfect time to get back. Plus I need a new computer and it is a lot cheaper (and easier) to buy it in Canada.

You could call me Lori's personal assistant but I like to think of myself as the 'fixer' like George Clooney's character in the movie "Michael Clayton". Anyway, I'm looking forward to getting back to the rock for awhile. I'll keep you posted.

db

No comments:

Post a Comment