Tuesday 28 July 2015

Christmas in July

Lori and I have been going through a few frustrating days lately. Nothing major, but just little things that haven't gone our way. It started with my new TV dying. We went out when we first got here and I bought a TV. Selection and price are not ideal, so you have to take what you can get. I had to settle for the floor model and it died a few day after I bought it. It took a few days, and several calls, but I eventually got it replaced. Of course, I had to take the more expensive model or wait a month for the same one to come in.

Another annoyance was getting our new dresser delivered. There was a comedy of errors associated with this transaction. The dresser was actually in the building one day, but the security guards didn't think I was home so they sent them away. It took 5 phone calls and a personal visit to the store to sort that one out.

We have also grown tired of living like students. We brought a few necessities with us so we could move into the apartment right away and not live in a hotel. We brought 2 plates, 2 bowls, 2 coffee mugs, 1 pot and 1 frying pan. I'm glad we did that, but it was starting to wear us down. There were a few deficiencies with the apartment that we've been trying to sort out as well. First we didn't know who to talk to and then we couldn't get a response.

Anyway, today was the day everything turned around. It was Grand Central here. All of our stuff from Paris showed up today.

Then our dresser finally came and the property manager came to look at the issues. All of our problems seem to disappear at once and we had lots of boxes to open with little surprises in each. This is how our afternoon started.


And this is how it ended.


db

No comments:

Post a Comment