Saturday 8 August 2015

Yacht Club


Now that we’re members, we went for lunch at the yacht club on Sunday. It’s close enough that we can walk to it. This is the view of our building from the deck of the club. Our apartment is on the right side, second from the top.

 Whenever we go out and I order an SP Lager, I always get a strange look. I’ve learned that I’m just supposed to as for a ‘Stubby’. It’s always served in a sleeve to keep it cool.

 They have a Stone Grill section on the menu, where the food comes out on a heated stone and you’re responsible for cooking it. I had the Asian selection with chicken teriyaki, sesame crusted tuna and prawns.

 There is a walking path around the outside of the marina. I’m not sure how long it is, but a full circuit is probably around 2km. Lori and I love to walk and it's not something we can do here very easily. This was the longest walk we’ve had since we left Paris.

 You get a great view of downtown from the path.


Not everyone has a great boating experience at the club.

 db


No comments:

Post a Comment