Wednesday 5 August 2015

Settling In


We’re having internet issues this week, so it’s been tough to stay in touch with everyone. Slowly but surely we are settling into our new life though. We submitted our applications to the yacht club this week. It will be a good way to meet people and make new friends. Maybe I’ll find someone who is looking for crew and I can get out sailing while Lori is at work.

Right now shopping is my main pastime and it’s not as easy as you would think. Price isn’t the only constraint, selection and availability can be challenging as well. We were told before we came that the best way to shop is to buy it when you see it, even if you don’t need it at that very moment. Lori found one specific rosé wine that she likes, so when I saw it in the store, she made me buy a dozen.

 It hasn’t all been rough though. I managed to do something here that I couldn’t do for 2 ½ years in Paris, get my haircut. I couldn’t find a proper barbershop in Paris and I refused to pay 60 euros in a salon. I would always wait until I went back to Canada or London, but I found a great place to go here. Looks pretty good I think.

 db

No comments:

Post a Comment