Wednesday 20 February 2013

Musée d'Orsay

Things have been quiet here this week with Lori in Mexico. I've been watching movies and working on my French lessons but I needed to get out and do something different, so I went to the Musée d'Orsay yesterday.


I thought it would be quiet on a Tuesday morning in February but I was wrong, it was very busy. The building itself is stunning. It was originally a train station built in 1900 and was converted to the museum in 1986. The museum claims to have one of the largest collections of impressionist art in the world, which is not surprising considering most of the artists lived in Paris. They have works by Monet, Renoir, Degas, Gauguin and Van Gogh. It was an impressive collection.


I've also been planning our next weekend getaway and I think we're going to Brussels. It's only 1 hour and 20 minutes by train. I think we need a break from airports for awhile. Anyway, Lori is back early Saturday morning and I'm really looking forward to it.

db

1 comment: