Monday 18 March 2013

46

Many of my 46 birthdays have been spent away from home. Some places like a beach in Puerto Rico, skiing in the Rockies and partying in Las Vegas have been by choice. Others, like sailing the North Atlantic or the Arabian Sea, were not by choice. This year I get to spend it in Paris. All things considered, it's a pretty cool way to spend my birthday.

I do have to take a break from our little adventure though. On Thursday I'm flying back to Canada for two weeks. Most of you know that we have reluctantly decided to sell the cottage. We love the cottage and we hope to one day retire in that area, but it just isn't practical for us at this time. I'm going back there to open it up, get the water turned on and start packing up our stuff. We've had one possible buyer so far, but no offer yet.

I won't be blogging much over the next couple of weeks. I'll just be hauling stuff to the dump and packing boxes, nothing too exciting. Lori says she might blog while I'm away. She's only written once so far and I had to twist her arm to do that, but you never know, she might surprise us. Anyway, thanks for reading. We've had over 1700 page views so far, which is amazing.

db

1 comment:

  1. Dennis you won"t like the weather here still SNOW..... but have fun packing anyway....

    ReplyDelete