Monday 29 July 2013

Back in School

The local citizens have pretty much cleared out of Paris. There are still lots of tourists, but it's very quiet. August is a big vacation month in France and everyone heads to the coast. We've even seen restaurants and butcher shops that are closed for the entire month. Most of Lori's colleagues are going away this month, but because she is essentially the temp, she's required to stay in the office all month. This is one of the reasons we've decided to not take any significant trips this month.

Since we are going to be around, I decided to use this time to improve my French. I started a month of classes yesterday. I know most of the words, I just need to be in a place where everyone only speaks French. This will force me to improve my syntax and grammar. Talking with the checkout girl at the grocery store, just isn't challenging anymore.

db

No comments:

Post a Comment