Monday 29 February 2016

Spirit of Cairns

Lori was in town this past weekend. She's becoming a pro at her commute, she even recognizes staff at the airport and other passengers on the plane. She had a very busy week, so a quiet weekend was in order. On Saturday night we went on a dinner cruise on a catamaran called The Spirit of Cairns.

We toured around the harbour while we ate (the meal was fantastic by the way, lots of fresh seafood). Then we went out about 15 kms to look at the Cairns skyline.


It was great night and I would recommend it to anyone visiting the region. Our only other excitement was going out for a walk on Sunday morning and somehow ending up in the middle of an organized walk to raise awareness for Rare Diseases. Not sure our presence made a difference, but it was fun.

I had to take a picture of this water fountain while I was on our walk though. As a former dog owner, I know it can be tough to find a place your dog can get a drink of water so I thought this was so cool.

Lori is back in PNG now but she's flying in on Thursday evening this week, so I have to figure out what adventure we can enjoy when she gets here.

db



No comments:

Post a Comment