Monday 22 February 2016

Weekend

On our original schedule for this past weekend, I was supposed to be in Cairns by myself but I ended up with lots of company. Lori's meetings were pushed back by a month and she was able to get a last minute flight up for the weekend. Getting flights on a Friday evening from Port Moresby to Cairns can be tricky, they usually sell out, but thankfully Lori nabbed one of the last seats.

I also got a chance to catch up with an old friend. My buddy Andy and his girlfriend Kerryn live in Melbourne and they were looking for a weekend getaway, so they came up to tropical north Queensland for a visit. Andy and I used to work together back in Calgary during my radio days. While I was working for XL103, Andy was working on-air and in production for our sister station Fuel 90.3. Andy and Kerryn went out to Green Island to see the reef and we all got together a couple of times for some good food, cold beers and a lot of laughs. It was an awesome weekend.

Now Lori and I have get down to Melbourne. It sounds like an amazing city.

db


No comments:

Post a Comment