Tuesday 15 January 2013

Food

My quest for street food has not gone well. The neighbourhood we are in is rather affluent with a lot of high end hotels and embassies, so I believe they discourage vendors from selling food on the street. Around the airport there were stands everywhere, so I just assumed I could walk out the door and get a couple of tacos whenever I wanted to.

We are eating very well though. We've found some outstanding restaurants near the hotel. Yesterday we went for lunch at an excellent seafood restaurant right across the road. I had the Ceviche Sampler to start and it was amazing. There were four different types of fish: Mahi Mahi, Tuna, Halibut and Shrimp.


Today is a quiet day for me. Lori is working outside of the hotel all day so I'm brushing up on my French. It's difficult to learn French while in a Spanish speaking country. When the locals speak Spanish to me, I keep responding in French. I've gotten some very strange looks.

db

No comments:

Post a Comment