Thursday 31 January 2013

Beer

It won't come as a surprise to anyone that the wine in France is very good. I'm not much of a wine guy but even I can appreciate it. I found it interesting that we haven't seen a single bottle of wine from outside of France. Not that it matters when you can get a really good bottle of Bordeaux for 6 Euros. I'm not sure if it's a trade protectionist policy of if it's simply not done. I imagine it would be the same as an Albertan eating beef from Montana or a Newfoundlander eating Pacific salmon.

I'm more of a beer guy and France isn't known for its beer. The best beer in France comes from the Alsace Region which is on the German border. In fact it's the region that changed hands first every time France and Germany went to war. Luckily for me France is surrounded by great beer making countries like Belgium, Germany and Holland so I have not gone wanting. Here are a few that I'm enjoying now.
 Believe it or not, but you can buy Budweiser and Fosters here. I'm not sure why anyone would though.

db

No comments:

Post a Comment