Sunday 13 January 2013

Mexico City

Well we made it to the first stop of our adventure, Mexico City. Only one of our many bags did not arrive with us, but it's here now. If you're like me, you think of sun, sand and surf when you think of Mexico, but Mexico City is very different. The first thing I noticed as we flew in last night was the sheer size of the city. The metro area has over 20 million people.

Another big difference is the altitude of the city. When I looked out the window this morning, I could see the city was surrounded by mountains and volcanoes. That would explain the prevalence of earthquakes in the area, which Lori can attest to. She was woken one night by a 6.1 magnitude earthquake when she was here in November.

I'm looking forward to getting out and exploring the city today. Lori thinks I'm crazy but I want some authentic Mexican food from a street vendor. You only live once (famous last words).

db

No comments:

Post a Comment