Monday 7 January 2013

Going to Paris

Lori and I are about to start a great adventure, so I thought blogging about it would be the easiest way to update all of our friends and family. Lori is being seconded to a client based in Paris and I'm going with her. For those of you who don't know what seconded means (like me), she is essentially being loaned out to a client for at least six months but it may be extended. The client is providing us with accommodation in the heart of Paris and we are very excited about living in one of the greatest cities in the world.

Of course we don't believe in doing things the easy way, so before we get to Paris we are going to Mexico City and London. Lori has work in both places on completely unrelated matters that she has to take care of first. You may be asking yourself at this point "What exactly does Dennis contribute to this relationship?" and the answer is "Not much." I carry her bags and massage her neck. It's a rough life but someone has to do it.

We leave for Mexico City this weekend, so we have a busy week ahead of us. We have rented the condo in Calgary while we're gone, so I'll be moving our personal effects and the car into storage. We also have doctor's appointments and change of address to take care of. We did a lot before Christmas so we should be in good shape. I'm sure there will be an unexpected crisis at some point but we will handle it.

I hope to update the blog while we're in Mexico City and London. Hopefully by then I will have figured out how to upload photos. Like I said, we are both very excited about living in Paris and being able to travel around Europe while we are there. I've already made plans to travel to Stockholm in May for the World Championships of Hockey. So much to see and do, I'm sure we'll be on a train or plane every weekend. Anyway, wish us luck and I hope to see at least a few of you while we're there. Take care.

db

No comments:

Post a Comment